new vietnam film

danangdave

No NO NO NOOOOOOOOO.

How hard is it to get the helmets right ?

owen

Yeah what the hell is that chin strap :o

Garandomatic

Saw a 30 round magazine, too. That aside, if the story is good, it looks like a story worth telling. We'll see.

I just saw that John Ripley's action at the Dong Ha bridge happened in 1972. Would that be late enough for a 30 round mag in the hands of an adviser to make sense?

Saw a 30 round magazine, too. That aside, if the story is good, it looks like a story worth telling. We'll see.

I just saw that John Ripley's action at the Dong Ha bridge happened in 1972. Would that be late enough for a 30 round mag in the hands of an adviser to make sense?

Yes indeedy, here's a couple used by troops of I think the now Separate 196th Inf Bde in November 1971. Lots more images out there of the banana magazine online, probably earlier then these.

post-34986-0-45151000-1432826199.jpgpost-34986-0-85816100-1432826179.jpg

Garandomatic

Yeah, I spent a few minutes reading out on the internets about them. Looks like 1969 was the year, but not common until closer to 72, 73, and even then often issued sparingly for a "mad minute mag," or later in the 80s, to the one guy with the full auto A1 to serve as the "automatic rifleman" before the SAW was born. A lot of guys even seemed to favor the 20 round mags due to reliability issues with the 30s.

Still hoping they tell the story well.

Tiger stripe helmet covers???? at least they could have just used TS boonies..... Looks interesting enough to watch though.