USAC B7 American Optical goggles

SmarT

Hello all. I have a collection of memorabilia from a p47 pilot named John Battles. In that collection is a photo of him. I have the helmet and a2 he is wearing but I am trying to find the goggles he has on. They are split pad American Optical USAC Type B7 Goggles with what looks like a black strap. It's hard to see with the photo I uploaded but on the original you can look at the print on the bridge with good lighting and a magnifying glass-that's how I know what type. I don't want pristine or brand new goggles, please. If someone has a pair PLEASE contact me. I am going to an event with a lot of ww2 veterans next month and I really want to get this one last item to complete the outfit. Thank you!

post-157649-0-78152400-1432262862.jpg

phantomfixer

The B-7 is a very nice goggle.. similar to the AN6530 but better machined/finished... I had one pair in my collection but parted with them years ago in trade...good luck with the hunt........these are a rare bird with the dual eye cushions intact

Thank you phantomfixer. And Jon S, I have been looking on ebay for months and figured it was time to try here as well. Thank you for the suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I did! They should be here today. Now I have to figure out making them into what I need. The only part I really need is the frame but I need these goggles by June 13th so they at least should do for now.