USMC M1941 Pack System

Greg Robinson

Here's one that is stamped "1943" inside at the bottom. Not USMC BOYT etc. I snaged it earlier in the week. Thought I would add it to the reference.

Note: My luck you'll say it's Army. :crying:

Sorry, that's a fake stamp. This is the late war "modified" roll top pattern. There is little proof of these being used in combat by war's end.

Justin

I get the stamp but the bag is good right? How can you deny that?

Sorry, that's a fake stamp. This is the late war "modified" roll top pattern. There is little proof of these being used in combat by war's end.

Justin

Justin

I also agree reading and looking at books for reference the ones seen are the 1st and the 1st transitional packs mostly, the roll top packs I've yet to see in a photo ;)

I get the stamp but the bag is good right? How can you deny that?

Yup, its a nice named bag. Judging by the hardware, this looks to be a Boyt and not depot made. The markings most likely have worn away.

Justin

It's amazing how many variations the usmc used on these bags, for instance my lower 1st issue pack has an orange trim ^_^ super nice. I'll post some pics

Here's one that is stamped "1943" inside at the bottom. Not USMC BOYT etc. I snaged it earlier in the week. Thought I would add it to the reference.

Note: My luck you'll say it's Army..correction fake stamp. :crying:

005.jpg002.jpg

Pig Tail Cut Off:

003.jpg

Your bag looks Vietnam war era. I was watching it on eBay too.

• 10 months later...
It's amazing how many variations the usmc used on these bags, for instance my lower 1st issue pack has an orange trim ^_^ super nice. I'll post some pics

Gotta love them wierd colors that show up sometimes :lol:

Here is a 1st model D-Ring rig with aforementioned orange trim...

post-3226-1344118285.jpeg

Securing the roll-top M1941 Pack can be frustrating, as most folk simply fold the top over, which results in the Pack working its way open.

I know a lot of you guys know this already, but here are some shots of the proper method of packing...

Step A:

post-3226-1344118856.jpg

Below seems to be one of the hardest to find of the Depot-made M1941 Pack rigs.

This one is made utilizing the 1943 modification of running web tape from the flap buckles to the

shoulder straps, early brass box buckles anchored by web tape rather than heavy strap material

with ladder buckles as on the earlier Boyt rigs, and featuring the Marine contract "mustard O.D." canvas:

post-3226-1344209814.jpeg

Another tough-to-come-by item, especially in unused condition (I guess that goes for any W.W.II Marine stuff).

Depot-made M1941 (Modified) "roll-top", still using the early "mustard" material:

post-3226-1344216608.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
craig_pickrall

Jm, I'm not sure how you snuck those in without me seeing them but you managed some how. Great packs, thanks for adding them.

• 1 month later...