The Medal Group of 2nd Lt Walter Dabney Frazier USMC WWI KIA...June 5 1918

tarbridge

Ok but seriously... how did you get the engraving to look that good with a dremel tool??? You're truly an artisan Robert...

All levity aside, this HAS to be the finest example of a USMC grouping I've ever had the pleasure to look at. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us. A somber reminder of Lt. Fraizer's sacrifice and bravery.

I don't know how you do it... Congrats on another amazing centerpiece.

DakotaDave

Robert,

Is the DSC numbered? Forgive my inquiry if you already stated, I could have missed it.

Thanks

DakotaDave

It is listed in his records as receiving DSC #3633...that is correct...the DSC is #3633.

Robert,

That is the finest quality WW1 group I have ever seen! Thank you for sharing it with everyone on the forum.

Dick

Kurt Barickman

Wow, more great DSC groupings from Robert! Keep posting and amazing the rest of us!!

Thanks,

Kurt

Bill_Carman

Robert, one more time you have done it, ... much to the awe of the rest of us. Seeing a group so intricately engraved like this one is such a pleasure. Many thanks my friend.

bill

Coming in late on this, but this is truly an amazing group to an amazing Marine officer. A grail item for sure! Love the engraving, this group was well preserved and obviously honored for a long time before coming into your possession! I'm tempted to drive up there just to admire it in person. Now excuse me, I need to wipe the drool off my keyboard before it fries the laptop!

That has to be the best posthumous valor group I have ever seen. What an exceptional rarity. It's great such a set has stayed together all of these years - a true museum piece.

Gary B

It's a beautiful grouping. Is there any information on who in the family had the engraving done, and when?

Jim

It's a beautiful grouping. Is there any information on who in the family had the engraving done, and when?

Jim

Nothing in stone...at this time I lean toward the Mother.

BigJohn#3RD

Robert,

This is truly a dedication of the love of a mother or for a mother by someone to have such beautiful and well done engraving on this Marine’s medal group. As always you are so generous in passing along information and sharing your collection with others one can only say Thank You!

John

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Interesting, he enlisted in the Canadian Army in January and was discharged in March of 1917. Did not go over with them. Found these documents in his service record:

post-5941-0-62733100-1558401063.jpg

post-5941-0-75361600-1558401175.jpg

Beautiful engraving on those medals.