Anyone else collect these? Aircraft control pedals.

hink441

Bobatl,

That is sweet!! Thanks for posting.

Nice paint job on your Sikorsky pedal. Did you do it yourself?

Have you done any research to see exactly what aircraft your pedal is from?

Chris

No idea what this S1540-61619-1C is for since I'm totally ignorant of Sikorsky part numbering system. It may have been new since the condition shows no wear. It was gray and I added the light blue close to what Pan Am used for trim.

Rudder pedal for Cessna T-50/UC-78/AT-17 "Bamboo Bomber". I cleaned this up and painted it. Note the wear at the bottom where the pilot's foot would normally rest. Wood airplanes don't do well stored outside and the Cessnas were notorious for developing rotten wing rear spars. Most civilian ones wound up pushed into the local airport's junkyard corner with the wood rotting and steel tubing rusting. The rudder pedals are magnesium so if they weren't removed fairly soon, they would have eventually turned to powder.

post-54142-0-16668400-1433097116.jpg

Great looking Cessna pedal and a fine looking restoration job. My Convair pedal has been restored and has the same wear pattern on the pedal face.

If you have some please share them with us!!

Chris

• 2 months later...

Years ago in Victoria, Australia I had a box of unfinished Bell Kiowa pedals.

They were left over from the Australian Army Kiowa contract and still needed to be machined (pivot hole ect.).

I sold them to the owner of a helicopter school who planned to mount them and give them to his graduates :)

Nice collection mate!

Cheers, John

• 4 months later...

Here is the latest addition to the rudder pedal collection. This one is a Nort American pedal for a P-51, B-25, or a T-6 Texan. Nicely re-furbed with a zinc-chromate paint job.

post-10825-0-87466100-1450454047.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Here is another rudder pedal I just recently acquired. This is a de-Havilland Twin Otter (DHC-6) rudder pedal. The Twin Otter is used in small numbers by the US Army, USAF, and USN.

Chris

post-10825-0-82168300-1452614172.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This one is an early B-52 rudder pedal. Been trying to find one of these for awhile now. This one has some damage, but is still a nice pedal. This thing is huge!! Thanks for looking.

post-10825-0-76406500-1458349782.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new from the UK. Interesting topic. Pedals are a nicely identifiable part of a plane, especially with the company logo. I've got a few and am very much on the lookout for a 'Bell' torque pedal to match a 'Cobra' example I've just got. I'll resize some photos to post. Thanks for the add.

Here is most of a rudder pedal from a Hawk 75. It was built for the French air force but France surrendered before it could be delivered. Diverted to the UK it was evaluated by the RAF. This came from an aircraft which was lost on a test flight. In British service they were called Mohawks.

post-162343-0-87548200-1460140348.jpg

Here's my lonely Cobra torque pedal, it's to go with a pilot's and gunner's instrument set up I'm doing (which is how I found this forum, googling Cobra instrument panels). Some great pedals on here. Cheers, Ian

post-162343-0-42603100-1460222360.jpg