Anyone else collect these? Aircraft control pedals.

hink441

I have found myself acquiring aircraft rudder pedals lately?. I know, seems kinda weird!! I like them because they actually have some style and the different manufacturers and types are fun to collect. I was wondering if there are any other collectors out there??

Here are some pedals. If you have some, please share!!

C-119 Flying Boxcar pedals.

post-10825-0-79353500-1432049851.jpg

Thanks for the comments! These pedals were found mostly online.

Here is another pedal. Not as stylish as the other ones, but this one is from a Lockheed PV-1 Ventura.

post-10825-0-38641200-1432058373.jpg

northcoastaero

I do not have any rudder pedals in my collection. I have assumed that they were collectible since I have seen them for sale in aviation collectibles related catalogs in the past 25-30 years. I agree that they have a style to them in the manufacturer's names and construction.

In my opinion, they would make great bookends!

Funny you mention bookends. I believe the Fairchild C-119 pedals were used as bookends. The hollowed rudder attachment fittings on the Fairchild pedals have been filled with lead. They are considerably heavier and could handle a whole shelf load of books.

Here is another pedal, this one is a North American Aircraft pedal. It is from a F-100 Super Sabre.

post-10825-0-66067500-1432222187.jpg

Chris...all pilots can fly barefooted now...you have the pedal market covered...really cool collection...

Chris...all pilots can fly barefooted now...you have the pedal market covered...really cool collection...

Thank you Robert, you are a funny man!!

I used to collect some medals, but there is a guy close by in North Carolina that has that market covered!!??

bellasilva

Very cool. When you've been collecting long enough, you come to realize that there are people who collect EVERYTHING. As a matter of fact, before I got my collecting obsession in check, I would buy literally anything and everything military.

I just got another pedal. This one is a pretty rare one. This one is from a Convair 880 jet. This particular pedal has been nicely refurbished by the previous owner.

The 880 was intended to be an airliner but was not very successful against competitors Boeing and Douglas. The U.S. Navy used the 880 as a test bed for the F-14 program.

There were only 65 of these jets built and less than 6 remain. None of the six is airworthy. The most famous 880 was owned by Elvis Presley and is one of the last complete 880's left in the world.

post-10825-0-17016500-1433019911.jpg

Based on production numbers, this is almost certain to be from a helicopter rather than an airplane but for me, it represents the Sikorsky flying boats of aviation's Golden Age.

post-54142-0-43283700-1433076420.jpg

Bobatl,

That is sweet!! Thanks for posting.

Nice paint job on your Sikorsky pedal. Did you do it yourself?

Have you done any research to see exactly what aircraft your pedal is from?

Chris