158th Bushmasters Short Snoter & Named Alamo Scout

WorldWarPatches

WorldWarPatches

Short Snorter 158th Bushmaster with 2 Native American Scouts signatures that both went on to be Alamo Scouts. The bill and patch belonged to Anthony J Ortiz. Next to his signature is "Tiny" Largo who is actualy Theodore T Largo.

Both of the two were members of the Thompson Team and also Code Talkers.

post-119983-0-46297400-1431896316.jpg

bellasilva

Wow! That's great, I don't think I've ever seen anything here on the forum ID'd to a code talker, let alone two of them.

Eric Queen

I realize these patches are supposed to be rare (440 made?) but it seems like I have seen at least 10 real ones for sale in the last month.

Bill Scott

Eric I think there were a lot more than 440 made I have owned at least 25-30 US made ones.The theater made ones are a lot rarer than the US made ones.Scotty

WorldWarPatches

Most patch runs were 200, 400, 500 and so on. I think more than 440 were made. 440 might be the # that was delivered.

There are quite a few good patches showing up. I have been offered 3 big collections from aging long time collectors that say family members have no interst in their collections. One is over 15,000 patches. I'll get it if I can mortgage the house, car and the Harley.