While perusing a antique store today, I ran across this. Since the price is what I would have paid for the holster alone, I bought it. I have never seen one of these. If you put it over your shoulder, the holster is at waist level, leading me to believe that this is the shoulder portion of a Sam Brown belt. The front side of the rig shows that it is US property made by the Milwaukee Saddlery Co. in 1946.

xqeyx5.jpg

2cejf3l.jpg

The holster itself is made by Graton & Knight Co.

hv5jec.jpg

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

Its part of the MP rig.

As you said, its a standard 1911 holster mounted on a belt loop along with a shoulder strap that runs diagonally across the body like a Sam Browne cross strap thumbsup.gif

Written contributor to French Militaria Magazine, UK World War II Re-enactors Magazine &The Karkee Web Research Team.

Remembering the service of:
9095 Pte Alfred Fredrick NEWLAND, 7th Field Ambulance, 2 Division, AIF. WIA 16/11/16 France.
436 Private Albert McCANN, B Company 8th Battalion AIF. Enlisted 26/8/14. Killed in Action 17/6/15 Gallipoli.
VX24056 Gunner George Edward McCANN, 2/3 Composite Anti Aircraft Regiment. Enlisted 7/6/40. Discharged 3/8/44. Served in Australia and New Guinea.

donation2016.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2008.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.