Yardsale Finds and Walk Ins

Sully

I stopped at a few yardsales this morning on the way to the shop. I got a few items but alas I was a day late, the guy having the sale said he sold a lot the day before. I picked up a repainted Civil Defense helmet, a web set that has two M67 20rd mag pouches on it, three DI's, a sharpshooter badge with rifle bar both sterling marked, a Korean War era Engineers collar brass, an AAM ribbon and two tabs Ranger and Airborne. A few hours after I opened I had a guy walk in with a footlocker full of goodies and I managed to get a few things from there also. A pair of named double buckle boots, a WW1 studio photo, a photo of a US Army transport ship with news article and a couple of foreign things including a complete 3rd Reich gas mask and a 1939 dated Polish gas mask with a paper carrier.

Could anyone ID the two DI's that are red and silver with the lion?

post-131982-0-22205400-1431799941.jpg

lovmilinsig

Congrats on some great finds. The red / silver DIs are for an Engineer Bn. Not sure on the exact unit.

Ed

• 2 years later...
WWIIman1944

Hi! I saw that you have a pair of double buckle boots there. I'm on the hunt for a pair. I was wondering if you'd be willing to sell them. If you would sell them how's the quality of the leather. Are they still wearable? Could they be worn to a reenactment? These would be my first pair of actual WWII boots. I could really use them. Think about it and reply. Thank you!

Hi! I saw that you have a pair of double buckle boots there. I'm on the hunt for a pair. I was wondering if you'd be willing to sell them. If you would sell them how's the quality of the leather. Are they still wearable? Could they be worn to a reenactment? These would be my first pair of actual WWII boots. I could really use them. Think about it and reply. Thank you!

This post is two years old. I've long since sold them. Sorry, Happy Hunting.