A great day at the Aberdeen, MD show!

Morlok

I live about 5 minutes from Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, so of course I had to stop by the show today. I left with 11 chinstraps, a paratrooper first aid kit, nape strap, Garand bolt tool, German compass & for some reason I grabbed 2 passport-like Soviet Communist Party ID books from Russian women!

The chinstraps are a mix of brass, green, brown & flat buckles, all United Carr WW2 straps. I can finish some helmets & have a few spares in reserve, along with a United Carr nape strap! The First Aid Kit came from a collector who lives down the street. It's missing the syrette & directions, as usual, but that's ok. The price was less than most chinstraps, and I can find no reason to doubt it is genuine. The Garand bolt tool came from an awesome older fellow, who makes them from cut up scopes & flat aluminum. It's a genius idea & works flawlessly!

The compass is nicely hand-marked 15/33, or maybe 53...the last 2 digits are faded. The Russian IDs have ID photos & lots of entries in them, and were freebies with the compass. These are non US, so I don't want to post detailed photos or info. I just figured I'd include them, as they were part of the haul!

I'm pleased, and will be back at the show in the morning!

post-67213-0-83667900-1431750010.jpg

Im sure the aid kit is legit, to the best of my know-how. The biggest sign being my gut. When I picked it up, it had the feel, look & smell. Material is correct, stitching is correct, "dots" are there although very faded. It looks iffy in my picture, but it's much better in person. Plus, it came from a fella that knows what he has, and I know where he lives!! The contents are not all there, as is usually the case when one is opened. The instructions & morphine were removed at some point.