MSA ACH?

Rommel1942

Rommel1942

Hey all. I've been (understandably) having a difficult time getting my hands on a nice original ACH up here in Canada. I was just offered this one for a decent price, but I'm not too sure if its the 'nice original' I'm looking for. It appears to be an MSA medium, though I cannot read the contract #, and comes with a helmet mount correctly fixed to the front. However, the helmet pads resemble the same ones found in any typical air soft knock-off, and I'm unsure about the wear of the cover and the chinstrap.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking that it's a bit of a frankenhelmet, but seeing as how this is one of only a few opportunities I have had, I need a second opinion.

Cheers,

Finn

post-157693-0-62560100-1431582532.jpg

im not overly familiar with the ACH helmets but this one looks fine to me. plus i know MSA is one of the very common makers of the ACH and am about 99% certain they dont make replicas...

decontrol215

Looks good to me, seems like the pads and chinstrap have been upgraded at some point as you mentioned. The chinstrap was replaced with the opscore headloc system. Much better than the standard strap setup IMO, runs about 60-70 bucks for the complete system.

I am not an expert on ACH's but the chinstraps and pads DO look upgraded to me.

Wait and some of the experts will chime in.

I wouldnt buy until you hear back from them.

PriorityOne

Looks fine to me, like decontrol said, the insides have been upgraded but this is not unusual. The pads look to be an Oregon Aero pad set, these you see a lot because the issue pads are pretty uncomfortable. I would say go for it if its a good price.

Rommel1942

Thank you for the input guys, I'm glad to hear I may actually be able to buy a solid original. I'll check back in and let you all know what happens!