VF - 121 Pacemakers APH6

cricket

Doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on the aviation section so I thought I would upload a couple of my helmets for those interested to check out. VF-121 early 70's... This is from the era when these guys were getting the Weapons School (Top Gun) started. I believe the school actually started in 1969...

post-598-0-28308300-1431282294.jpg

post-598-0-39810800-1431282308.jpg

Thanks, any one else have any they want to share?

I've got a few more I can post... I should have put them all in one post, would have been easier.

starfighter

Very interesting flight helmet.

Thanks for sharing it with us and it would be interesting to see Interior parte.

That's a super Helmet! We should really start a pinned section for Jet Age Helmets. Here is a Sunday Puncher very much like your avatar.

post-3075-0-22786800-1431376750.jpg

Starfighter, nothing of note with the liner. Just the typical styro with sizing pads.

Boxerdogi, love your VA-75 set. Very similar to mine, yours looks a bit earlier. I'll get pics of mine up and I've got a few more I can share as well... I think I'll start a new thread and include the ones I've already posted and maybe just label it USN jet age helmets... that way we can all throw whatever we want to share in the one thread and keep them all together. We could do something similar with USAF jet age lids however I have to admit I'm a bit partial to the Navy stuff. Nothing against the Air Force rigs the Navy helmets in my opinion just always had a bit more "character" in the 60's and 70's etc. with the taping.

Starfighter, nothing of note with the liner. Just the typical styro with sizing pads.

Boxerdogi, love your VA-75 set. Very similar to mine, yours looks a bit earlier. I'll get pics of mine up and I've got a few more I can share as well... I think I'll start a new thread and include the ones I've already posted and maybe just label it USN jet age helmets... that way we can all throw whatever we want to share in the one thread and keep them all together. We could do something similar with USAF jet age lids however I have to admit I'm a bit partial to the Navy stuff. Nothing against the Air Force rigs the Navy helmets in my opinion just always had a bit more "character" in the 60's and 70's etc. with the taping.

Hi JP,

It's a real good idea. I'll post again some pictures of my collection in the new thread you'll initiate about USN and USAF helmets. Some of my posted pictures have been deleted from the website. As you know, I've sold the most of my collection. However, I have kept a lot of pictures... :rolleyes:

Franck

Nice bit of info Croc, thanks.

Franck I started a thread USN/USMC jet age helmets I posted some of my helmets in... please feel free to add to it. When I get more time I'll add some more shots...