151 Years Ago Today...

Ngrovcam

Gentlemen,

151 years ago today my Great (x4) Uncle, Pvt James E. Jones, was killed in the fighting at "The Bloody Angle" during the Battle of Spotsylvania. He was a was in the 45th North Carolina, Company D of the Army of Northern Virginia and is buried at the Confederate Cemetery there. The trenches he died in are still there, dug and left as they were in 1864 now as a National Park. Please keep this hero and his comrades- including the boys in blue- in your thoughts and prayers.His headstone bears the name of his brother Edmund, who survived the war...this was likely an error by grave registration. I have since tried to correct it through the Veteran's Administration (Who originally provided the headstone in the mid 20th century.) however they said they would not as the grave is legible and over 50 years old....It is the wrong name, I guess that is still legible. While I hope to get a similar maker made, please remember his sacrifice alongside those who have no names carved on their stones or who have no stones to mark their graves. Thank you,

NJ Cammaroto