A2 flight jacket patch Id...

Gtbpappy

Hello, does anyone know what this patch may be identified with? The guy I got it from thought years ago, he found it to be with a recon unit, in the mediterranian ? Thanks..

post-134324-0-69499700-1431273797.jpg

This jacket I was researching and own was originally to an A-20 Havoc in the pacific, then must have went to a crewman in the 111 recon then also an A-20 . I wondered what the different color bombs were? Maybe change of units, or recon missions?

post-134324-0-38409300-1431293253.jpg

Nice jacket! The 111th Tac Recon Squadron was known as the "Ace in the Hole" squadron, an old-time Texas NG unit. Pres. George W. Bush flew F-100s with this unit. While the name "Miss Possum" is known is known to have been on a 5th AF aircraft, don't discount that other planes may have had similar nose art. I believe the 111th was in the 12th AF in the Med during WW2. My 2-cents. Bobgee

Nice jacket! The 111th Tac Recon Squadron was known as the "Ace in the Hole" squadron, an old-time Texas NG unit. Pres. George W. Bush flew F-100s with this unit. While the name "Miss Possum" is known is known to have been on a 5th AF aircraft, don't discount that other planes may have had similar nose art. I believe the 111th was in the 12th AF in the Med during WW2. My 2-cents. Bobgee

Not trying to be picky, but he flew F-102 Delta Daggers, not F-100 Super Sabres which the 111th never flew. It was the 111th Fighter-Interceptor Sq. back then when Bush was a pilot. Great looking jacket.

Randy

An interesting unit that flew A-20's and P-51's. I have a group to this squadron as well. I also have a unit history, so if you have a name to go with the jacket, I can look for him if you like.

JD

Thanks for all the replys... From what I can see, miss possum was 5th airforce, 388th bs, 312 bg. I think then the jacket went from that unit to the 111.... Maybe he just kept the jacket from the 5th af? No name on the jacket... Looks like it kept the texas connection though!