A GI Ammo Box With Some TR Stuff In It.

patches

Not more than 10 minutes ago, while I was posting scans in Helmets, my sister calls from outside my bedroom door that Aaron has a WWII period box to give me. Aaron is my upstairs neighbor, so she comes and hands me the "Box" the "Box" in question is a WWII Ammo Can, and in decent shape, wow! I notice there stuff in it, much to my surprise, I as I flip it open, out comes a tumbling several German pins, with a Red cloth stuck at the bottom, with a couple of more pins hanging on to the cloth, can you believe that!

The Red cloth as you would guess is a Third Reich Flag of medium size, in decent shape, and the pins, seven in all. A few I recognize right away, a General Assault Badge and a WWI Wound Badge in Silver, a voided type, what I believe is an Army Officer White Metal Breast Eagle of the type worn on the White summer tunic. Two more I know as well a NSDAP member badge, and a HJ diamond of the type worn on the pocket, the enameled badge, there are three more that I have to check out, they are of course familiar but I can't recall them at the moment.

Now I started this topic as I sure this is a genuine War Booty Ammo box. My neighbor (a Hungarian) is a moving man, and I bet this was thrown away, he tells me all the time stuff people just don't want when they move, who knows the in this case. Rest assured he's not one to take stuff, so I gather this was just left and or as in a lot of cases, the person says "You can have it if you want"

I'll let youse know in due course what the other three are.

D'oh! And you just sitting there! I hunt and hunt and find Tupperware! There ain't no justice! But good for you! Show pics.

D'oh! And you just sitting there! I hunt and hunt and find Tupperware! There ain't no justice! But good for you! Show pics.

Yeah it was quite something, more over he went back upstairs, I'll thank him tomorrow. Also find out where he got it, as mentioned he's allowed to take so much stuff people just don't want, like a very expensive ping pong table, in another recent example, a fairly new clean in perfect condidtion range BBQ grill. He puts this stuff in our backroom in the basement and drives my crazy :lol: if only because my wacky old Austrian Landlady doesn't permit tenants from storing stuff back there, which puts me on the spot, as I'm the building Super :lol:

Was able to search for the three I wasn't sure of. and was able to copy the exact badges I got from online sources to show them.

I should of known this one. One of the others I got is an SA Sport Badge Bronze Luedscheid, # 69982, it a little dark but has 99 prozent wash intact.

post-34986-0-87668300-1431227025.jpg

and this one here post-34986-0-94414800-1431226475.jpg

And finally this one here, I knew it was a Vet associated item, forgot the exact type, it's a breast eagle I gather, if not a cap eagle, which one will it be Cap or Breast?

post-34986-0-79280500-1431226679.jpg

Okay, nice items.

But to qualify for this Forum we need info on the GI who brought them home.

Please post shortly, or we will have to lock the thread.

For your info; eagle and badge are of the Kyffhäuserbund (an organization for War Veterans' and Reservists' Associations in Germany. It owes its name to the Kyffhäuser Monument: a memorial built on the summit of the 473 m high Kyffhäuser Mountain near Bad Frankenhausen in the state of Thuringia in central Germany).

Both are for the cap.

Erwin

I talked to my neighbor. No further info other than two children (both married I assume and have moved on) of a elderly couple have sold a 1 Family in Brooklyn, sold after their last parent died recently. They hired my neighbor's moving company to move a lot of stuff to a storage facility, but, left a ton of stuff behind, which was on their offer, up for grabs, what ever was left a clean out company would dump in a container/dumpster. He got this to give to me because he knows I'm interested in this junk :lol: . I gather, or would like to think the father was in, and going on the assumption was his little bring home from the big war.

Feel free of course to lock topic, I only wish I had more concrete info :)