KIA OKINAWA PH MARINE GROUP

Raidercollector

Raidercollector

Here is a Marine 1st Division Group I want to share That I took out of my Bunker. He was Killed during the advance against the enemy on the southern Okinawa begun by the regiment May 1st, 1945 and continued until the last opposition was ended. He Died as a result of a shell fragment wound in the chest during this bitter fighting. He Died without pain spite all the medical attention May 13,1945.There where 200,000 Japanese soldiers on the Island, Almost 7,000 of our Military Died on that Island, I had a lot more documents ,But to much to photo. Some had there envelopes. Some of the Documents had a little water Damage which I had taken to a Archival place to be Taken care of so they won't get any worst in damage by being treated and in tombed in Archival sleeves.

Nick

post-421-0-73872900-1431122415.jpg

post-421-0-25101500-1431122439.jpg

post-421-0-22132200-1431122478.jpg

post-421-0-30525900-1431122513.jpg

268th C.A.

Nice group, What a shame though, only God knows what his life would have been like....Thanks for sharing. We need to be thankful . They paid the price for our freedoms so many today take for granted.

Great grouping. It's good to see this, thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Thanks for preserving this Marine's sacrifice.

USMC Saipan

Nick its is wonderful grouping very nice rest in peace Marines never forget your sacrifice and that of your companions ;)

• 2 weeks later...

A wondering grouping, thanks for sharing!

I just found this thread after being away for the last month.

Regards,

-Steve

Raidercollector

Thanks for the nice comments Guys. These groups are extremely hard to find and share with this forum to keep these fine men alive That served are country.

Nick

Kurt Barickman

Very nice and complete grouping Nick. It is a great thing when you can get the documents along with the medals. Keep posting.

Kurt

• 8 months later...
Raidercollector

I just realized I have his Accolade, When I was going through some things. So I'm adding it to this post.This is when you know you have to much stuff. LOL

Thanks for looking Nick

post-421-0-07397000-1457138656.jpg

• 1 year later...