Commercial Vs. Issued Multicam/Scorpion/OCP

automatic

automatic

I'm curious what was issued when, in what configuration, and how to tell commercial copies from real pieces. Thanks!

PriorityOne

Scorpian was the experimental pattern, it was in the CCU cut. Basically it will have less blobs and no vertical blobs, appears to be very faded or light. Early issue multicam (OEF-CP) will have coyote brown velcro and I believe that the early gen pants may have the velcro like earlier UCP, these should be contracted 2009. Your second gen multicam will be contracted 2010 and have the lighter tan velcro and the pants will have buttons, I have also seen some tops with button cuffs. The current issue multicam used to be called OCP, but with the new uniform coming out it will renamed to the old name, OEF-CP since the pattern will be considered OCP. The new uniform will have various changes with can be seen the link.

This thread has some good info on the older stuff, a bit old though - http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/84012-multicam-again/?hl=scorpian

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoldiersystems.net%2Fcategory%2Fcamo%2F&ei=HKhMVf-4PI-ryATtyYC4Bg&usg=AFQjCNHnZIgyNGLr7FakXSxbItuHh2hjVQ&bvm=bv.92765956,d.aWw

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first multicam piece today, not positive but fairly sure its legit. If it is real, I think its fairly current production. The things that are sort of throwing me off are that something was sharpied over on the tag, and that IFF tape appears to have been there, but has been cut off. Anyway, lets see what you guys have to say about it!

post-153851-0-24624300-1431815742.jpg

Allen Dail

It is legit, they just marked out the contract number. Try pulling the tab/iff on the sleeve down and the glint tape should be under it if it has not been removed.

Allen

PriorityOne

That is how I get the from my wholesaler. It is required from the contractor to remove the IR tab before selling them as factory seconds, that is what yours is.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

That is how I get the from my wholesaler. It is required from the contractor to remove the IR tab before selling them as factory seconds, that is what yours is.

Mine has seen a great deal of use, and has no obvious defects yet still has no tab. What's the point of removing it anyway?

PriorityOne

So the "bad guys" don't have it basically. That is how they distinguish between friend or foe at night using NV equipment.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

So the "bad guys" don't have it basically. That is how they distinguish between friend or foe at night using NV equipment.

But anybody with $6 can buy a UCP ACU with the IR tabs, easier than buying multicam.

Thanks for the explanation Priority! I'm happy its real, but now I'm on the search for one with the IFF still attached. When you get the time you should post some pics of yours, cap

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Right, I'll try to tonight. I just found out mine does have the tabs, but rather than being on the velcro, they are on the nylon bit that folds over, unlike the contracted UCP ACU. Seems like a better placement, as it means they don't get in the way of patches.

PriorityOne

Right, I'll try to tonight. I just found out mine does have the tabs, but rather than being on the velcro, they are on the nylon bit that folds over, unlike the contracted UCP ACU. Seems like a better placement, as it means they don't get in the way of patches.

Depending on the contractor, you see them both ways.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Some photos of multi-cam in use.

post-153751-0-74088700-1431914905.jpg

Company C, 1st Battalion, 133rd Infantry Regiment, Task Force Ironman, from Iowa Falls, Iowa in Tupac, Afganistan

I believe this is a combat shirt. Notice how the velcro is only large enough for the patches.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

post-153751-0-03210500-1431915154.jpg

Photo by :US Navy HMC Josh Ives

2nd infantry division and something I can't identify.

Note the combat shirts, this time with pockets and full Velcro. It appears this is the type with the IR tab on the Velcro, with a piece that covers it.

post-153751-0-40735700-1431915346.jpg

Combat shirt, again with Velcro just the size of the patches. I belive the belt is a tan one for the UCP ACU, rather than the Coyote-Brown one that will be introduced with scorpion W2.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

And here is the one I got. I just added the patches, they were not on it when I got it.

post-153751-0-34029600-1431915613.jpg

post-153751-0-53775700-1431915668.jpg

Tab of unknown purpose, only on the left sleeve cuff.

post-153751-0-92524100-1431915709.jpg

Showing the Multicam IR tab vs UCP.

post-153751-0-80435800-1431915936.jpg

The zipper pull is made of Multicam, not plain bluish-grey as seen on UCP.

post-153751-0-08405600-1431916000.jpg

post-153751-0-37365100-1431916077.jpg

2010 contract by American Apparel

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

More.

post-153751-0-87081300-1431916207.jpg

This label actually says to remove the IR tabs before throwing away.

post-153751-0-57738000-1431916291.jpg

And finally a view of the back, which shows multi-cam nicely, keep in mind that this is faded so the colors are lighter.

Allen Dail

Cap Camoflage Pattern 1

The unknown tab on your left sleeve cuff shows that that shirt is the flame resistant version. The pants have this on the left cargo pocket flap i believe.

This feature is also in the UCP versions.

Allen

These uniforms fade out a lot faster than the UCPs. The MULTICAMs can look as faded as your after only a month of washings even if only used at the office. My unit wore these for a month during reintegration after our 2013 deployment. I wore a brand new uniform home and wore then same one through reintegration and mine looked as worn as yours. Not sure if they are meant to fade this fast or not.

Wade