One of the Coolest photos ever taken, EVER! Check this out!

Teamski

Hey guys,

In another thread I discussed the work I was doing on the Air Mobility Command Museum's combat vet C-47. You can see that thread here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/237563-installing-troop-seats-in-the-air-mobility-command-museums-combat-vet-c-47/

Well, we found one of the original paratroopers that dropped from this particular plane on D-Day, Private Shenkle. He visited us a couple weekends ago (of which I missed unfortunately) and the museum took a couple photos of him in and around the plane. They had re-enactors come in to complete the scene and they took this AWESOME photo. I was E-Mailed it and had to share it. Amazing!

-Ski

post-3043-0-92026700-1431008765.jpg

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

LOVE THAT LOOK,! like ok you wanna dance? call the tune.LOL!

sgtdorango

Awesome photo!...it almost looks like he is casting a shadow behind him of himself as a helmeted soldier from the past.....mike

strawberry 9

Awesome photo!...it almost looks like he is casting a shadow behind him of himself as a helmeted soldier from the past.....mike

Now that you mention it....

• 1 month later...
Chief Bast

Wow, what a powerful and completely original way of bridging together over 70 years of time. A fantastic photo and thank you for sharing!

Also, it's exciting to see that Mr. Shenkle had a unique opportunity to revisit his old C-47!