Armor patch with 18th Inf. shield

lamarhooten

lamarhooten

Either i lost the id or never had it! Nice German made piece i picked up this year. Is it a pocket-patch for the Armor Co. attached to the 18th Inf.? Smaller than a regular Armor triangle. Has been sewn on some thing at one time.post-3643-0-45846800-1430971527.jpg

468abnarm

Just as shown - 18th Armored Infantry Bn. - that is one nice patch !!!

Most likely for the 1950s era Tank Company, 18th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division, worn over the U.S. ARMY tape or maybe even the name tape, 1st Div stationed in Germany till 1956

lamarhooten

Sounds like i should label this as the Tank Co. assigned to the 18th Inv then. Thanks for all the info and any that may follow!

Sounds like i should label this as the Tank Co. assigned to the 18th Inv then. Thanks for all the info and any that may follow!

Simply Tank Co 18th Inf, it was a permanant company within the 18th Infanty Regiment as all tank companies in an infantry regiment were in those days, they were not attached or assigned.

Simply Tank Co 18th Inf, it was a permanant company within the 18th Infanty Regiment as all tank companies in an infantry regiment were in those days, they were not attached or assigned.

Just as he says. HQ Company, A Company, B Company, C Company, etc. and Tank Company.

Just as shown - 18th Armored Infantry Bn. - that is one nice patch !!!

The 18th Infantry Regiment, who's DUI is on that patch, and the 18th AIB are completely different units that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.