A couple of patches and pins to identify

usaaf93

Hello

Could I please get some help on those pins and patches.

The pin looks like a cap device. It is written london on the back so I gess it is british made. The only "problem" is that it is 1.5" wide and so to short to be on a cap.

post-106404-0-20904100-1430912336.jpg

post-106404-0-78974900-1430912380.jpg

What do you think of these AAF patches ? The one on the right side is 4" wide. Is it local made ?

Thanks for your help

post-106404-0-76375500-1430912636.jpg

post-106404-0-66266100-1430912648.jpg

There where indeed Brit made collar discs, however that eagle is too big to have been on a collar disc. It is most likely an EM's cap badge with the backing disc removed.

The eagle device may represent the American Squadron Home Guard, a British unit made up of Americans living in the UK 1940-1944, although the few I've seen did not have the field of stars above the eagle's head (possibly an officer's badge with the stars). Not my field, but worth a bit of research, as any American Squadron Home Guard badge has considerable value in the UK militaria market.

Thanks for the help. Yes after comparing it with my collar discs, it is bigger than them. Don't you think the quality is too high for an enlisted cap ? It looks the same quality as an officer device but it is smaller.

Can I also get your opinion on the patches ?

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...