Anyone ever gotten frames from this site?

knd643

Has anyone ever gotten frames from this site? I'm wanting to get frames that I can put my WW2 Leatherneck magazines in and I want to put them in safe frames that are not bad for them and could possibly protect them. It says that it can block 98% of harmful UV rays and has a acid free backing and a space between the frame. What are your guys thoughts on these frames. Does anyone know of another good place to get frames that are good for vintage magazines?

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/c-222-regular-magazine-frames.aspx

Sparty On

This is the first time I've heard of that website. My guess is they will do fine. My old standby is Hobby Lobby. The have 50% many frames each week plus if you download their app, you can get 40% off a regular price item.

hardheaded

Some cheaper ideas.

These are available at Amazon Etc....

Ultra Pro Magazine Size Bags 100 Acid Free Bags $5.00
Ultra Pro Magazine Size Boards 100% archival safe (Pack of 100) $9.99
Ultra Pro 9 x 11 7mm Thick Magazine Size Top Loader (10 Pack) $23.21
ULTRAPRO 8-1/2 X 11 TOPLOADERS - ACID FREE*ARCHIVAL SAFE-NO PVC PRODUCT - 25 PER PACK $23.63

HH

• 4 weeks later...

"... frames that I can put my WW2 Leatherneck magazines in..."

Judging from that intent, I'd be interested to know what exactly it means... you want to put each entire magazine in a frame of some good kind?

If so, then the considerations would be:

​- How many of these frames will you have to have? If several, then it is likely to be cheaper to do what Sparty On suggested, or something similar.

- Is there enough space between the glazing (i.e. the UV glass) and the backing (i.e. the neutral pH stuff) to fit a whole magazine?

The website offering appears to be okay I guess, technically from a preservation vantage point - but not cheap if one is doing a bunch of them.

In general, no matter how something is framed, so long as you keep it completely out of direct sunlight and unfiltered flourescents, away from rapid changes in relative humidity and moisture, and free of critters - normal framing serves as well as anything fancy.