7.62x39 USMIL AK ammo

Made in 1998 according to the lot stamp...

The top boxes are 98 vintage which is current inventory A102 (DODIC) from Winchester, the bottom pic is 80's vintage from BEL Brass... ;)

donation2012.gif

There was US-made 7.62x39 in the system during the VN war too. Some was made to feed captured weapons in US and RVN special ops use, but more and more was made to supply the Good Cambodians from 1970 on. I recall that it came in white boxes of 20 rounds, packed in GI ammo cans with glued-on paper labels. It was made by a regular firm -- perhaps Winchester-Western? There was also Finnish-made, very nice brass-case stuff. 9x19 was Canadian, WWII and Korean war dates, plus some Italian (Fiocchi?).

LC made alot of the VN era stuff, here is some commercial packed LAPUA w/ USMIL DODIC info stamped on it, notice it corresponds to the crate of A102 Winchester. I have seen a case of 72 dated Lapua packaged for USMIL (brown cardboard boxes 20rnds per) use for sale but it was very expensive, sadly I did not have a camera for a pic either. It had warning labels on it saying not to use in M14s and other 7.62x51 weapon systems...

donation2012.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.