WW 2 Ithaca Mdl 37 Trench gun

USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

Hello all, I need some help with a WW 2 Ithaca Mdl 37 Trench gun. The serial number on this gun is just over 62000. Canfields book says it ends without doubt at 61450. The handguard looks correct and the markings look right. The stock and forend have been replaced. Does anyone have access to or know someone that has access to the Ithaca shipping records ? I found a book about Ithaca 37's that says the serial number range is at least 62000. Any help would be appreciated.

I read a similar thread on another forum its not worded the same but I assume it yours. I left you a response there according to Tom D over there he says around 62000. I am new to this forum and I'm sure there are knowledgeable people here also.

1SG_1st_Cav

The latest AMERICAN RIFLEMAN magazine has a whole article about the Ithaca Model 37's in it.

Dan

USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

Tom D was a big help ! He was able to send me some good documentation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

And..... it is a real Trench gun. Canfield's book contradicts itself if you read all of the information in it. I emailed Bruce Canfield and he confirmed that the serial numbers do not end at 61,450. There were Trench guns above 62,000 but appear to be below 63,000 based on Ithaca factory records.