My new Tin Dodge

Proud Kraut

Proud Kraut

Although Milo, my Dalmatian dog, trys to be in the center of attention maybe you will have a close look at my new tin Dodge. :)

Lars

Do1.JPG

Although Milo, my Dalmatian dog, trys to be in the center of attention maybe you will have a close look at my new tin Dodge. :)

Lars

A great model, and a VERY GOOD DOG.

regards,

Bob Frey

So do you think it was a factory-manufactured item or a one-off handmade model?

The typical tin toy looks like - well, a toy compared to yours :)

This German made jeep is an example - it actually more detailed styling than most pressed-steel military toy vehicles, but it's not even close to the level of detail in yours

jeep1.jpg

Proud Kraut

Ahhh... the good ARNOLD one (I posted mine here before).

My wife told me that she bought it some months ago at ebay. The seller is not longer active there (or changed it's name?). Searching for these tin toys had also no success. I belief it's handmade.

Lars

Ahhh... the good ARNOLD one (I posted mine here before).

My wife told me that she bought it some months ago at ebay. The seller is not longer active there (or changed it's name?). Searching for these tin toys had also no success. I belief it's handmade.

Lars

I posted that Arnold on the forum before too and thought it was a nice way for those who haven't seen to compare how nice yours really is compared to one of the very good examples of mass-produced toy vehicles.

I believe these may have been made over here in England, a few years ago a few appeared in an shop down the road from me just like yours all had slight variations as they are infact hand made. There was also a few others available jeeps and a Bedford QL truck with a 40 AA gun. I do kick myself for not getting one as all have gone and so has the shop. I have not been able to find anymore around at all so it leads me to believe they may well of been made locally.

Thanks for posting, oh and i love that jeep my one is not in anywere near as good condition crying.gif .

I believe these may have been made over here in England, a few years ago a few appeared in an shop down the road from me just like yours all had slight variations as they are infact hand made. There was also a few others available jeeps and a Bedford QL truck with a 40 AA gun. I do kick myself for not getting one as all have gone and so has the shop. I have not been able to find anymore around at all so it leads me to believe they may well of been made locally.

Thanks for posting, oh and i love that jeep my one is not in anywere near as good condition crying.gif .

We have and older thread on these kinds of toys at http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=9472

General Apathy

post-344-1217371170.jpg

We have and older thread on these kinds of toys at http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=9472

Hi Lars, thanks for showing the Dodge truck, this and many other tin models started arriving in England around five years ago and now they are appearing in Europe. Your Dodge model along with Jeeps, other military vehicles, VW bugs, motorcycles, bi-planes, boats, mustang plane, stukas, petrol pumps are amongst many that are available.

Here is my tank which I got about four years ago, they are made in the far east I believe China. On my tank I marvel at the intricate details that have been added like all the dimples for rivets, the turret turns, the hatch opens, the wheel bogie's, and it is not lightweight either. For the price they sell at, it is quite unbelievable the materials, the design, the labour, shipping, marketing costs, store profit etc, they are very cheap. I saw a biplane model that I should have bought, regret not doing so and intend to get one sometime soon.

The link mentioned by Forum Support, is in fact to another thread on vintage models, however this Dodge and my tank are less than four years old, but great fun for displaying, don't be surprised at the unending and ever extending list of what they are making in this ' semi-comical ' style.

Cheers ( Lewis )

Proud Kraut

Thanks for this informations! Your tank is great looking too. I will keep my eyes open, always looking for a good old Willys Jeep w00t.gif

Lars