Show us your favorite DCU Top!!!

heady506th

Here is one of my favorite DCU tops. I have about 30 others too (All SF badged or Modified)

This came from a Special Forces NCO, it is modified with chest pockets moved to sleeves (velcro added) and lower pockets moved to chest slanted. Sleeves are cut short.

This shirt included all the items he carried is his pocket minus the morphine and also had the Medical tag -when he was med evaced.

He designed the patch for the OGA sponsored Commando unit, first one ever made is sewn on the Baseball cap and another is on velcro. I have the original prototype, write up and original drawings of patch.

I also have the next 2 generations(next 2 SF teams rotations) of the patch-then the unit was disbanded.

He made the chest rig (from a duffle bag) in the early 90s-before wearing them was cool. It was used on every continent except Australia. From Jungles of Thailand to Arctic Winters in Canada.

I have almost all of his gear he carried or worn in Afghanistan.

post-2368-1221396974.jpg

Here is one of my favorite DCU tops. I have about 30 others too (All SF badged or Modified)

This came from a Special Forces NCO, it is modified with chest pockets moved to sleeves (velcro added) and lower pockets moved to chest slanted. Sleeves are cut short.

This shirt included all the items he carried is his pocket minus the morphine and also had the Medical tag -when he was med evaced.

He designed the patch for the OGA sponsored Commando unit, first one ever made is sewn on the Baseball cap and another is on velcro. I have the original prototype, write up and original drawings of patch.

I also have the next 2 generations(next 2 SF teams rotations) of the patch-then the unit was disbanded.

He made the chest rig (from a duffle bag) in the early 90s-before wearing them was cool. It was used on every continent except Australia. From Jungles of Thailand to Arctic Winters in Canada.

I have almost all of his gear he carried or worn in Afghanistan.

MRF.jpg

Matt,

Now that is what I call a RARE set! My goodness, that is an absolutely amazing grouping! jeal0001.gif

Arch

Agreed!

That is a superb grouping.

If time permits i would very much like to see further images of the helmet and most importantly the patches.

A perfect snapshot of current military history, congratualtions.

Patrick.

Here is some stuff that a good friend gave me ..

Everything was Mr Kellys and you can see a little story here as he moved about and changed units and style of outfit .

As you all know I only collect vintage uniforms so if I make a mistake talking about this stuff correct me on this .

all the best

owen

post-2009-1221590772.jpg

here is a combat shirt with the pockets removed from the bottom and simply sewn to the arms .

It was stated the local sewing lady did all the units work for a small fee .

post-2009-1221591645.jpg

I am also showing a CCU jacket .

This jacket was given to Kelly by one of his men , after he turned in his report on the jacket .

I am also showing the mans shaved beret for reffence .

post-2009-1221593637.jpg