Is this military?

SA1794

Give a few dimensions and describe it.Any marks on the back or makers name or a pattern?Some issue items will be marked Acid Test or AMICO, LUXEMBURG etc.Most are plain.

Im guessing it has a threaded post and nut to secure it?

OK, I have moved on to a REAL computer and can now post some pics! there are no hallmarks on the item. Yes, it has a thread post and pins on each wing.

post-5217-0-50241500-1430330403.jpg

post-5217-0-42758100-1430330416.jpg

Eagles like the pattern shown can be anything from a High school band or military school,etc.

There were eagles similiar in pattern worn on dress helmets in the late 1880s but Im thinking they had loops on the back for attackment.I dont have any refferance material at hand but maybe this will give you a bit of info(although weak) to steer your in the right direction

Eagles like the pattern shown can be anything from a High school band or military school,etc.

There were eagles similiar in pattern worn on dress helmets in the late 1880s but Im thinking they had loops on the back for attackment.I dont have any refferance material at hand but maybe this will give you a bit of info(although weak) to steer your in the right direction

Thanks for the help. I was thinking school marching band, but wanted to check with some experts.

Cheers!

• 10 months later...
bobskielpaso

looks similar to some of the hat badges worn by various military school or academies (ie. ROTC)