*Help Needed* Unknown Bag, Hammer, and Pliers

Grant G.

Hey guys, I purchased this lot mainly for the T-handle shovel. I was wondering if any members here could help identify the other pieces. I believe the bag was used to carry bazooka rockets but, not sure about the other tools. Thanks in advance!

post-11015-0-71613200-1430075509.jpg

post-11015-0-00503200-1430075546.jpg

post-11015-0-76114200-1430075586.jpg

I believe the bag was used to carry bazooka rockets but, not sure about the other tools. Thanks in advance!

Yes, the bag is the M6 for carrying bazooka rockets. Not sure on the tools. The tin snips just look like a commercial pair, but the pliers and the hammer may be from an Army tool kit of some kind. It's hard to tell on some of this kind of stuff unless it's actually marked US.

TheGrayGhost

There is definitely a market for U.S. marked tools. The pliers look like signal corps TL-13s. Not sure on the hammer, I would look for a U.S. or AMES marking on it.

is the hammer a regular rock hammer? I've seen a few military rock hammers most are all metal and sometimes have a leather handle like a Ka bar. those have the same head shape but the ones ive seen with wood handles had more of a pick look to the other end... as GrayGhost said check everywhere for markings

The snips look like ordinary sheet metal snips. The hammer looks like the kind issued to mountain troops to hammer pitons into the rock.

Typically the rock/piston hammers had a hole in the handle for a leather thong and two steel reinforcements on the handle below the head.The neck of the handle also is a lot thinner on the hammer here.I dont think its a issue rock hammer in my opinion.