1st Infantry Division 16th Infantry Regiment 1943 Dated Ring with Owners Initials

I recently found this interesting Silver and Gold Ring from the 16th IR of the 1st ID Big Red One that is dated 1943 and has the owner's initials to the side. I have not been able to ID the owner so I would appreciate any help figuring out who he was. It looks like the intials are "RQC" left to right but it may also be "RCQ" with the last name being in the middle. It's a beautiful ring and fits me great so I'm not interested in parting with it but I'd love to ID the original owner.

post-17286-0-01718900-1430075098.jpg

post-17286-0-02082400-1430075112.jpg

post-17286-0-01971300-1430075125.jpg

post-17286-0-49356600-1430075138.jpg

• 1 year later...

Awesome fine! I am a 16th Infantry historian. Let me know what you have on the previous owner and I will try to find his full name.

Thanks and unfortunately this ring came with no history as to the original owner so all I have are the initials. If anyone has a complete roster for the 16th Infantry Regiment it's possible that we can ID the owner but any guesses would be welcome as well.

Thanks and unfortunately this ring came with no history as to the original owner so all I have are the initials. If anyone has a complete roster for the 16th Infantry Regiment it's possible that we can ID the owner but any guesses would be welcome as well.

Yes, we do have a roster for the regiment during WWII, but it is not 100% complete. Send me a PM with his initials.

Great and see the third picture above as those are the only initials I have being on the side of the ring.