Incredible 32nd Division Helmet

Bugme

Scott, that is a incredible helmet. Always partial to 32nd Div. items. My Great Uncle was in the 32nd also and was on the Tuscania. His campaign medal has torpedo bar on it with the name Tuscania on it.

Regards, Mitch

post-592-0-03973000-1429884166.jpg

Scott, that is a incredible helmet. Always partial to 32nd Div. items. My Great Uncle was in the 32nd also and was on the Tuscania. His campaign medal has torpedo bar on it with the name Tuscania on it.

Regards, Mitch

attachicon.gifmisx 006 (2).JPG

Now that is beyond incredible! I was not aware that they had a bar specific to the Tuscania. My dad was in the 32nd so, I'm partial to this great division also.

Top shelf, sir. That would certainly qualify as a prize in my collection. The artwork the names etc.... that thing is simply beautiful!

Congrats!!!

Commander Meyer attended the 1933 reunion of the Tuscania Survivors Association in Chicago.

Didn't know that. How many times do we hear these stories of foes becoming friends after a war has ended?

Commander Meyer attended the 1933 reunion of the Tuscania Survivors Association in Chicago.

Thanks , I didn't know that.That is pretty neat that foes can come together years after the war .I attached a picture of the medal for that reunion. I'm pretty sure , but not positive the torpedo on my Uncles campaign medals is from the survivor association. Still pretty cool

Sorry Scott , didn't want to hijack your thread on that magnificent helmet .

Regards, Mitch

post-592-0-51257000-1430060340.jpg

Very neat information Mitch, thanks! And no, you didn't highjack the thread, this information is all related.

I am little late to the party, but OMG!!! :wacko:

That helmet is simply STUNNING!

and Mitch- How come you never show me this stuff?

Very impressive guys - makes me even prouder to be a Cheesehead!

I am little late to the party, but OMG!!! :wacko:

That helmet is simply STUNNING!

and Mitch- How come you never show me this stuff?

Very impressive guys - makes me even prouder to be a Cheesehead!

Did you notice the the underside of the rim is Green & Gold Jerry? :)

• 5 years later...
On 4/24/2015 at 2:03 AM, lettow said:

There is a Luxemburg in northeast Wisconsin. This might be another clue to his identity.

This is true, and this village is less than 30 minutes from where I live in Wisconsin. I admit that I kinda dragged my feet on narrowing this down to one soldier but, am back at work on the research and hope to have something soon.