Legion of Honor Past Commander

vzemke

Found this in some stuff I forgot I had, and since it looks like one hasn't been posted here before I figured I would share it.

Reverse is named and dated 1931.

The "Past Commander" bar is marked "14K", but the medal itself is not marked. Sadly, if it is 14K gold it might be worth more melted down as the bar and medal are about 1/2 an ounce.

post-781-0-75074300-1429713505.jpg

post-781-0-48574800-1429713510.jpg

No kidding. By definition nothing in this section of the forum is "military", it's all veterans organizations.

The Shrine's Legion of Honor is a veterans organization within the Shrine, hence the reason I shared it here.

Maybe I should have stated that in the original post.

Quite right that the Legion of Honor is a veteran organization. Here is a quote from a Shrine website.

"Objectives and Purpose: To provide Damascus Temple a unit or organization to accommodate all eligible servicemen, ex servicemen and veterans of the Armed Forces of the United States of America or his Country who are members in good standing of Damascus Shrine for comradeship and fraternity, to encourage and promote a Spirit of Patriotism, Love of Country and Flag.

Membership requirements: You must be active duty service member or ex service member to be a regular member and only regular members can hold an office in the Legion. You must prove your eligibility with your ID card for active service or your discharge papers."