Walt Disney "Pancho Pistolas"

doinworkinvans

doinworkinvans

I for one hadnt ever seen this Disney design. Hopefully some of the experts can give more insight. I just thought it was worth sharing and to show the far reaches of the war effort.

Daniel

Pancho Pistolas.jpg

Johnny Signor

You can see a color image of a repro of the "wing panel " and an image of the unit patch they used on my Facebook page

"WW2 Leather Sqd/Group Patches" can't load the photo here .........

See a color image of the wing panel and Squadron patch on the forum under Reproduction items .....

Dan,

Attached is the original emblem designed by Disney on behalf of the 201st Fighter Squadron (Mexican), which

was attached to the 58th Fighter Group, Fifth Air Force from 30-April-1945 through V-J Day.

As you can see, the 'field application' of this insignia (as represented in the photo) was substantially simplified

in both application and detail from its original design. This was not uncommon during the war as actual painting

of these emblems was limited by the artistic skill available within a given unit at the time a photo was taken.

Anyway, thought you might get a kick out of seeing the original concept for design.

Bob

post-6249-0-22691000-1430148706.jpg

disneydave

I have this design listed in my database as having been created by Disney artist Hank Porter in January 1945.

Johnny Signor

I have a patch order coming in soon for the "original" design the Mexican 201st Fighter Squadron used , when I get it finished I will post a photo of it , I did another verision recently , but it differs from the one I'll be doing .