WWII WAVE Grouping.

husk

It IS a great group from a lady who served 20 years in the Navy, Starting in WW 2. I hope you can find some more info on her. She served through the same years my Father and Uncle did

trinitykitty24

the first tag is ww2 and the second tag is what they changed it to right after the war, so as I can see at least one item is ww2.

post-156842-0-85722800-1429748534.jpg

post-156842-0-46614800-1429748535.jpg

Oh, yes, definitely WW 2 manufacture. I'm sure this CPO continued wearing her WW 2 uniforms for as long as they lasted

Many changes in woman's uniforms came in the early 1950's, USMC was 1952 and the main thing you notice is the cut of the collars. Maybe the Navy changed theirs then also.

• 5 months later...
David Minton

It appears to me that the earlier dresses had the rounded collars instead of the pointed. This is why I was thinking these might be post WWII. I believe you are correct about them being later. Especially with her rank of Chief on the dresses.

...kat

I was looking at Women's service dress blues on eBay yesterday, and if I recall I saw examples with rounded collars with contract dates into the 1970s. Did they change with the switch from jumpers to CPO style coats for the men?