My second 517th PIR helmet

jkash23686

Recently added to the collection is my 2nd 517th PIR helmet. Its a modified fixed bail and has a Firestone liner. What I'm most excited about is that it still retains its chincup. There is also a partial ASN in the liner of M-6476

post-22057-0-67235300-1429569766.jpg

it actually looks like the chin cup would go to the other helmet :blink:

nope. For how much the buckles on the orange / green one are rusted there would be rust stains all over the cloth.

nope. For how much the buckles on the orange / green one are there would be rust stains all over the cloth.

i meant the material look itself :P

i meant the material look itself :P

The material it self is odd, its not HBT webbing and its not anything that I can find on any pack at least that I've ever had. Its definitely distinct.

The material it self is odd, its not HBT webbing and its not anything that I can find on any pack at least that I've ever had. Its definitely distinct.

looks similar to some webbing on british gear (well at least from what i can see of the chin cup)

Burning Hazard

Pretty sweet looking set! Looks like one of the buckles has green camo paint on the side, wonder if it was sticking out when they were spray painting it?

Pat

Its a double weave HBT style sateen twill. I have yet to identify where the 517th Riggers sourced this fabric from...

J, great helmet. Keep it up!

GeneralCheese

Beautiful! Really cool to see it with the chincup. Helmet itself is rare, chincup is even rarer. This helmet is rare2!