Buying Finds this week ! PH Estate, PH Telegram , Marine w/ Teamsters !

historyrecovered

historyrecovered

Welp here's this weeks finds and buys!

1. Purple Heart Telegram (from Ebay) ! Was very excited about this ! The guy actually died in 1955 and was only in his 30s so I wonder if his wound had something to do with his death or if it was something else...I always am searching for WIA, MIA , KIA paper products so I picked this up fast!

PFC Charles B. Dalrymple (died in 1955, NJ) Still having to search more information on him...

2. This came out of the market, all came together, apparently the guy earned the PH 3 times...this came all from the family in a old Brach's Candy box , did quite a few tours, paid under a 100 so I guess I did okay , this still isn't everything that came with it !

Jack A. Frick , will have to do some searching on him , I think he was in the Navy , not sure though , I know he survived the war though

3. Korea Estate , Francis (Frank) Debrouse , served in Korea earned the Purple Heart, was hit with shrapnel ...now what those other pins are is he was a leader for the Teamsters here in Washington D.C. , he worked directly Jimmy Hoffa , thus the lighter. I actually have a few more modern photos of him , he got in big trouble with the feds back in the day for his work with the teamsters ...nice marine estate! (photos not agreeing with me on his for some reason..)

I also picked up a estate off here, Robert K. Kuehn , was very excited to get the historic grouping, was very happy with the purchase , will be sure to share that one soon !...

post-154618-0-62646100-1429405210.jpg

post-154618-0-27824000-1429405219.png

post-154618-0-63708000-1429405226.jpg

post-154618-0-72037600-1429405234.jpg

historyrecovered

Here's an attempt of his Marine Corps ID ...

This lot also came with his teamster pins, a gift from Hoffa lighter too !post-154618-0-40019700-1429406400.png

historyrecovered

Oh , well the Hoffa teamster guy was in Korea , not world War Two , but pretty amazing to think almost as soon as he got of the military he went to be a leader of the local teamsters.! Even got a vintage photo of one of the houses he owned and then was confiscated by the government !