WW2 82nd 505TH Airborne D-Day named group on eBay

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

Happy Saturday all,

I was browsing eBay when I came across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WORLD-WAR-2-82-ND-505-AIRBORNE-D-DAY-NORMANDY-SOLDIER-GROUP-WINGS-MANY-ITEMS-/261856791693?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf7e18c8d

Here is the sellers' description:

WORLD WAR 2 D-DAY NORMANDY SOLDIERS GROUP, 505 AND OTHER ITEMS, STERLING WINGS PLEASE VIEW PHOTOS, THIS AUCTION HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN TWICE, DUE TO ME NOT BEING AWARE OF EXACT PROTOCAL OF MILITARY ITEMS, HOPEFULLY I GOT IT RIGHT THIS TIME, THE SOLDIERS NAME IS SAMUEL MCCURRY, I HAVE MANY PAPER ITEMS, AND OTHER ITEMS INCLUDED IN THIS AUCTION, BUT CANT MENTION THEM NOR PHOTO THEM, , PLEASE ADVISE ON ANY ERRORS
TY

I'm posting some,but not all of the auction photos.Some of the ribbons have been "blanked" out for some reason.Also,in the description he states that some items cannot be shown on eBay.German bringbacks perhaps?

post-13386-0-63595000-1429403196.jpg

gliderrider401

Yep - this person found a relative unaware of what they had. When the offers starting flowing, the realization was he had significant $$$ to gain, so he pulled the auction and went back to the family for more and at least, is now offering it all together. Cannot be shown items ate his PH and related paperwork.

Someone's going to get some great stuff.

I don't see where/ how they are breaking it up?

He sais that he´s supposed to get the uniform, helmet and more items that he will list on Ebay later.

How stuid, to split a group like this just to make money. A disgrace.

Patchcollector

The seller ended the auction.Here's the message given: This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

The seller ended the auction.Here's the message given: This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

Usually means he sold it off eBay.

gliderrider401

The seller ended the auction because there were no less than 54 bid retractions. I've never seen anything like that before on Ebay :wacko:

Patchcollector

The seller ended the auction because there were no less than 54 bid retractions. I've never seen anything like that before on Ebay :wacko:

Wow.Sounds fishy.As in someone may have been "fishing" :)