Denmark - New York

Marksman

• 1 month later...
triplecanopy

Here are several US parachute badge made by Denmark's Military Equipment Corporation. Located in Astoria, New York, Denmarks was a maker of military insignia for many years. Unfortunately, they are no longer in business. These examples show both the D22 Hallmark and the older 6D hallmark. There is one unusual pin back master parachute badge that may be either altered or custom ordered.

post-48217-0-13709300-1432416446.jpg

• 2 years later...
triplecanopy

Shown here is another and different hallmark used by Denmarks Military Supply. This example is on a Master Parachutist Badge. I have not seen this marking before as just the D22 as above seems to be the more common. This example reads: DENMARKS D22 STERLING in raised letters. I would guess that there may be Basic and Senior Parachutist Badges out there with this same marking. If any one has them, please post here so we can verify.

post-48217-0-02186600-1520011641_thumb.jpg

post-48217-0-27705300-1520011654.jpg

• 1 year later...

I'm resurrecting an old topic here with a twist, of sorts.... Denmark made berets, but I'm wondering what time frame?

All I have seen are quilted liners with their name inside including a Zip Code, which would date them to not earlier than 1967....ish

I collect US Vietnam era berets and have never seen a legit VN era DENMARK Military beret. When would these have started to be worn by US Forces?