Help with a helmet. Issue or airsoft?

keith d

Hi I am looking at this helmet. Can anyone provide me guidance as to if this is military or an airsoft helmet. Thanks!

post-189-0-31675100-1429366068.jpeg

Guys disregard this post. Working from my cell phone and can't get the pictures right. Put up on the Facebook page.

I now have the helmet in hand along with some other items. Here are better pictures. I think it was issued to an Air Force PJ based on the other items that came with it.

post-189-0-51024300-1429562804.jpg

post-189-0-91884200-1429562816.jpg

post-189-0-62522300-1429562823.jpg

post-189-0-42449700-1429562830.jpg

post-189-0-70768600-1429562836.jpg

post-189-0-05556200-1429562843.jpg

Great helmet. Holy cats what a nice example of an early SF style lid. Wow. Please do post a close up of the NVG mount. I have a High Cut ACH that may have had this mount on it. Amazing....

You forgot to add "WWII, parartrooper, or barn find" in your title so thats why you have not been getting much attention, but trust me when I say this helmet is Gold.

WOW... a grail helmet for anyone that collects "modern" stuff! Very cool find!

Nice to know these are still floating around out there!

juodonnell2012

These are that rare!?!? I picked up 4 of these in surplus stores outside of Ft. Bragg over the years. All 4 have different camo schemes and Velcro layouts. I got them because they were different. I thought they might have been military modified bike helmets. They're in storage now

These are that rare!?!? I picked up 4 of these in surplus stores outside of Ft. Bragg over the years. All 4 have different camo schemes and Velcro layouts. I got them because they were different. I thought they might have been military modified bike helmets. They're in storage now

Yes they are that rare. Very nice find and the fact you have 4 is absolutely amazing.

Neat helmet,

It is funny because if I stumbled on one of these I would have no clue that it was a rare helmet.

Anyone know why they are rare or why they are so desirable?

I mostly collect pre-1967 helmets but I do have a few representative modern lids in my collection.