GHQ Reserve variations

vzemke

Other than its brief moment of fame during the first episode of Band of Brothers, this is probably one of the least appreciated WWII patches. Authorized in the summer of 1941 and "canceled" in January 1947, this patch was essentially only worn during the WWII period.

The basic version is very common, but there are some variations that are very difficult to find and rarely seen.

Here are some OD border variants.

Note the patch in the top left lacks any connecting bars between the red and blue.

The bottom center is on white twill with a tan/khaki border.

The bottom right is embroidered on OD wool, likely one of the earliest examples of this patch.

post-781-0-92281300-1429236485.jpg

The basic version of the patch. Or is it? Note the example on the bottom has red connecting lines, which is a very rarely seen variation (and even more rarely noticed).

post-781-0-41582700-1429236751.jpg

Nice selection Vance I can only add one to the group. A twill with OD border version.

and it upside down sorry.

post-1604-0-06048800-1429242334.jpg

Other than its brief moment of fame during the first episode of Band of Brothers, this is probably one of the least appreciated WWII patches. ...

However still a very beautiful patch in my opinion...!!

Vance, your collection is a job very well done. Thx for sharing. Again, something to continue looking for other variations.

Hans

Nice selection Vance I can only add one to the group. A twill with OD border version.

and it upside down sorry.

Also to you, Patchrat, very nice addition!!! Thx for sharing

Hans

• 4 years later...
lamarhooten

Just about wet myself when i found this today!! Looking thru a large bin of common stuff at a antique show today just to kill time and see what was still available to the crowd. Must have been in there for years. Had to be at least 40= of the regular type of this one and I counted 7 different variations. Went back thru the bin twice to make sure no more were in there!!! Over an hour looking thru common stuff. I think it was worth it!!! post-3643-0-21682500-1583648073.jpg