The Man in the High Castle

james127

I read the other day that Amazon has green lit an original series called The Man in the High Castle which is based on a book by the same name. It's an alternate reality story where the Axis Powers win the war, divide the U.S. between Japan and Nazi Germany and are locked in a Cold War.

I checked out the pilot episode. It actually looks like it might be pretty good. Here's a link: The Man in the High Castle

This was good, I'm reading the book at the moment and its a little different but a good read.

There is talk that the are making a full season of the show which would be cool.

"Mad Men" with Nazis and the Imperial Japanese. Interesting concept.

I remember reading a story about a GI who was from New England. While interrogating a prisoner he was first surprised at how well his German captive spoke English. He was further surprised to learn that his prisoner had a detailed knowledge of his home area. But when he asked how the German knew so much about his home town, he was astonished to hear that the man was slated to be an administrator in the occupation government after Germany invaded America. It gave the GI a whole new perspective on the war, and why it had to be won.

"Mad Men" with Nazis and the Imperial Japanese. Interesting concept.

I remember reading a story about a GI who was from New England. While interrogating a prisoner he was first surprised at how well his German captive spoke English. He was further surprised to learn that his prisoner had a detailed knowledge of his home area. But when he asked how the German knew so much about his home town, he was astonished to hear that the man was slated to be an administrator in the occupation government after Germany invaded America. It gave the GI a whole new perspective on the war, and why it had to be won.

I saw something similar on a documentary that I showed my history class not too long ago. The German soldier knew a small stream or creek that went though this guy's town or something like that. It was something that you wouldn't have known unless you were local. Makes me wonder just how well developed of a plan they had for occupying the U.S.

• 7 years later...