Ralph Lauren WWII Service Boots?

stealthytyler

stealthytyler

Check out these repro Ralph Lauren Army service shoes. I wonder how well they made these as far as attention to detail goes? Any thoughts? I know the laces are not the right color.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-RRL-Double-RL-Ralph-Lauren-Brown-Boondocker-Suede-WWII-Boots-Shoes-US-11-5-/161659539415?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a3a8cfd7

post-131595-0-51487500-1429194356.jpg

I would guess that a Ralph Lauren boot would be "inspired" by the original and that there was no need for them to do a precise copy since it is a fashion item. The fashion industry produces a a lot of clothing inspired by military uniforms, especially for women. For instance, I have seen at thrift stores what must be dozens of pairs ladies trousers that were clearly patterned after the Vietnam War era jungle trousers, some shade of OG with the adujstable side tabs.

They don't look horrible...and they might pass the 10 foot rule if you put leggings over them...and laces are an easy fix. The problem lies in the price. You can get a much better repro from wwii impressions for about half that price, and then you know it's going to be correct!

stealthytyler

How does WWII Impressions boots do as daily wearers? I do know they are high quality from reading online. I do like the look of army roughouts with jeans. Are they comfortable enough for daily wear? When I don't wear them, I would like to put them on my mannequin display. Thanks!

They have a Jump jacket for ladies this year too, my wife actually pointed it out to me from a magazine and asked if she could wear one of mine. Too funny.

• 1 month later...

I once had a fairly accurate M1941 jacket made by Ralph Lauren. I was told at the time that it was a prototype made by them as a sample in an attempt to get the contract for Saving Private Ryan. But maybe it wasn't after all!