Vietnam era USMC advisor jacket

craig_pickrall

craig_pickrall

The tailor cut the small tag from the original and sewed it in this one, COAT, MAN'S, TROPICAL. That is the only marking.

In the early 1980's a friend worked at a VA Hospital. One of his patients was the Marine Advisor. He had struck up a friendship with the man and talked with him often. One day the man's son showed up wearing this shirt and the matching USMC Utility Cover. My friend started trying to get both pieces from the son, it took about a year and he got the shirt but the son wanted to keep the cap. Later I found out the son sold the cap and I have no idea who got that.

Shame about the hat! That is why the topic about broken groupings could be helpful. I personaly helped a friend to reunite an Air Cavalry grouping by letting my best Air Cav piece go. I have reunited a SF officer grouping from two different eBay purchases from two different dealers and I am working on reuniting another SF officer grouping. But I am sure that there is more items from these two groupings floating around.