M1 low batch number

denfly

I have a helmet with a stamped batch number 120C. It's a front seam with the seam not being stainless. That number would make it a 1942 production. That type of seam was used after 1943. Is it possible due to the gap between the number 1 and 2 that another number failed to get stamped?

post-126332-0-62706600-1429046091.jpg

Swivel manganese bails. The one is almost an inch away from the two. I remember reading somewhere that a weeks worth of helmets were made in 1944 with a missing digit due to some fault with the stamping process.

BILL THE PATCH

i see a scratch that looks like a #1, hard to tell pics blurry. it looks like the #2 is the first #

• 8 months later...

I have my DAD'S M1 helmet, front seem, swivel side chin strap. It has the number 356 in the steel. Can any one tell me is it from 1944?

I will really appreciate any input to this matter.

Thank you

Mitch

I have my DAD'S M1 helmet, front seem, swivel side chin strap. It has the number 356 in the steel. Can any one tell me is it from 1944?

I will really appreciate any input to this matter.

Thank you

Mitch

swivel bales or loops, swivel side chinstrap doesnt make much sense... if it is a mccord then it would be from around late 1942 and originally been fixed bail. if schlueter then its probably from around 1944

Jake

Thank you for your comment. I have a head ake looking for any other marks, only 356. NO S mark. So for my understanding could of been wedeled on McCord.

My time in the Army was Vietnam steel pot. I am learning here.

Thank you

Jake

Thank you for your comment. I have a head ake looking for any other marks, only 356. NO S mark. So for my understanding could of been wedeled on McCord.

My time in the Army was Vietnam steel pot. I am learning here.

Thank you

if there is no other marks it doesnt sound like a ww2 lot number. take some pictures and start your own topic, you'll get more help that way

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.