Not sure if this is considered "Militaria", but I not only collect Militeria, I also collect zippos. I recently picked this cool zippo up. It has a personal attraction for me, being an old SAC guy myself (used to work B-52). This is a 1960 Zippo, but presented in 1961 per the inscription. Happy, and proud to add it to my collection as a cross over piece.

post-155295-0-24929900-1429016142.jpg

After a couple days of research. I may have found the original owner of this lighter (Inscribed name). After looking it up, the guy I found lives in AZ. The lighter is inscribed DMAFB which is Davis Mothan Air Force base in AZ. The guy was serving in the Air Force during the time frame the lighter is dated, torwards the end of his career. This may have been a retirement presentation. Waiting to hear from him. If the lighter got out of his hands out of his control, I plan to give it back to him. I love the lighter, and bought it for my collection, but, it may be better off where it belongs...

That's a great piece! I, too, am a SAC veteran, and that's a nice gesture to see if the man would like it back.

Pete