For Services To Your Country From Alpha Omega Medal

Has anybody ever seen another example of this medal? I do know that it is a WW2 era awarded piece. I know what it represents. In 1946: the award was presented to “The Alpha Omega Servicemen of WWII”

I just have not and cannot find another example anywhere. I'd like to know what the ribbon looked like. I've been searching for a couple years now. It measures 1.5 inches in diameter. Here is more info on the Alpha Omega acheivement medal -

http://www.ao.org/about-us/ao-awards/achievement-medal-recipients

and here is the medal-

2015_04_13_1_201062515f2846b5cd9a_1.jpg?2015_04_13_1_201062515f2846b5cd9a_2.jpg?

• 2 weeks later...
firefighter

Cool looking medal.Never seen one from a fraternity before.I have a book from Cornell that list's all that served in WW1 but nothing like that.I wonder if it came with a ribbon?

Cool looking medal.Never seen one from a fraternity before.I have a book from Cornell that list's all that served in WW1 but nothing like that.I wonder if it came with a ribbon?

Thanks. I don't really know if it came with a ribbon or not. I haven't been able to find another one for comparison. I have written an email to the fraternal organization requesting any information they could provide, as to numbers of awards that were presented and whether or not it had a ribbon attachment. I'm hoping they at least reply back to me, one way or the other.

Does the medal have a number? I looked at the website your provided and I would assume the pool of recipients should be pretty limited given the organization is a dental fraternity and oriented to Jewish members. I hope they give you some insights.

Does the medal have a number? I looked at the website your provided and I would assume the pool of recipients should be pretty limited given the organization is a dental fraternity and oriented to Jewish members. I hope they give you some insights.

I agree, it should be a pretty limited number that were presented. It has no numbers on it. The back is plain and flat. I received an email reply from them yesterday. She stated that it didn't come with a ribbon. I'm still not convinced however because the awards they hand out nowadays are not the same animal as this one is. I directed her to this thread in my original message, but she still asked for a photo of it, which I sent to her just this morning. I'm waiting for a reply. Here is a copy of her message-

Hello,
This is an unusual request but I would like to help. The Achievement Medal Award is given to a member of Alpha Omega for a degree of service. I do not have a Dr. Fine in my database but that does not mean his was not a member. The award did not have a ribbon attached.
Can you please send me a photo of the award?
Thank you,
And a copy of my original email to her-
Hello,
I am looking for any possible information you could provide as to the Alpha Omega Achievement Medals that were presented to the Alpha Omega service men of WW2. Specifically, the number of awards that were presented and possibly a photo of an actual award. I am currently in possession of one of these medals but I cannot find another example to compare it to/with. I don't know whether it came with a ribbon attachment device or not. I believe the ceremony took place in Detroit in 1946. But that's about all I can found out specifically in regards to this particular presentation medal.
I am a collector of WW2 memorabilia and this was part of a collection purchased from the estate of Sgt. Irwin J. Fine who's last place of residence before passing several years ago was in Plantation, Fl..Since the medal wasn't presented until after the war, I would tend to think that he was the actual recipient.
Any information you could provide pertaining to this medal would be greatly appreciated. I have posted a thread regarding this medal for you to view here- http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/237646-for-services-to-your-country-from-alpha-omega-medal/?p=1902248
Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.
Sincerest regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully she'll get back to me someday, lol. I did manage to find out a little more information on my own as to the number of men who served from that fraternity during WW2. It was 1800, so there were at least that many examples at one time. http://denver.ao.org/about.php

"In 1946, we saw the first departure from presenting the award to an individual and recognized Alpha Omega's 1800 Service Men who had served in World War II."