My S&W Victory

usmchistorian

usmchistorian

Here are some shots I thought I would share of my S&W Victory revolver and holster. This is displayed as part of my USMC aviation collection. This is an all numbers matching pistol. I am very fortunate to have this in my collection of artifacts.

post-139927-0-09556600-1428940658.jpg

post-139927-0-58800500-1428940673.jpg

post-139927-0-12463900-1428940692.jpg

post-139927-0-18255200-1428940745.jpg

Charlie Flick

A very nice Victory. If you want to PM me with the complete serial number I can provide you with a good estimate of the revolver's shipping date from the S&W factory, based upon the Victory Model Database.

Regards,

Charlie

Charlie Flick

USMC Historian:

Thanks for supplying me with your complete serial number. With that I can tell you that your Navy Victory Model likely shipped from the S&W factory in November, 1942, based upon the information contained in the Victory Model Database.

I hope that is helpful to you.

Regards,

Charlie

1SG_1st_Cav

Very nice revolver! My uncle had a US Navy marked one new in the original box.

It belonged to his brother who worked on classified projects. I tried to buy it

from him but he declined to sell it to me. He died a short time later, and I have

no idea what happened to it. My cousin is Anti-Gun, so it probably was thrown away,

or dumped in the lake. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sgt. Swigart

Nice condition, does not look like it was carried in a holster much if at all. These are wonderful shooters. The 38 S&W catridge is a pussy cat and very quiet. It is not too hard to find if you look for it in better gun shops that have been around for a while and can still be mail ordered.

Sgt. Swigart

I believe this Navy marked pistol is chambered for the .38 Special round.

Chris

Were all the Navy ones in 38 special ? I have only seen the ones in 38 S&W

Charlie Flick

Were all the Navy ones in 38 special ? I have only seen the ones in 38 S&W

Yes, all Navy issued Victory Model revolvers were in .38 Special.

I believe all the US marked pistols were .38 Special. The .38/200 round was for the lend-lease pistols sent mainly to England.

Chris

Charlie beat me to it. I am too slow.

I have a S&W with 5-inch barrel, uses the .38 S&W (not special) and is US marked. Most likely a guard pistol; it doesn't have any lend-lease marks.

Sgt. Swigart

I have a S&W with 5-inch barrel, uses the .38 S&W (not special) and is US marked. Most likely a guard pistol; it doesn't have any lend-lease marks.

I shoot 38 S&W in a late production H&R revolver and I love the cartridge. These WW II ones would be sighted for the 38/200 round correct? How does yours shoot with the modern 145 grain bullets ?

I shoot 38 S&W in a late production H&R revolver and I love the cartridge. These WW II ones would be sighted for the 38/200 round correct? How does yours shoot with the modern 145 grain bullets ?

I haven't shot it in years, but when I did shoot modern ammo, it was very accurate out to 50 feet.