ACH with DCU Cover Used in Iraq

NBusk

Hello,

I picked this one up a couple months ago on ebay. It is an ACH manufactured by MSA size large with a reversible DCU cover. After sending a couple messages back and forth with the seller, he mentioned that he had used the helmet overseas. That got me really excited, and when I asked about his use of the helmet, he was kind enough to write me this,

"Sure thing no problem, this is the only image I have on hand that I could find of me with the helmet under my left arm. Unfortunately not on my head at the moment. Im sure I have other photos somewhere.

The helmet was primarily used during the time period 2005-2006 during Operation Iraqi Freedom. I was an Air Force Security Forces member(Military Police) It was used primarily during a 12 month stay while working here.(link below)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Bucca.

It got its first use as we did training to work in the mountains at Fort Lewis, WA. It then traveled with me throughout the world as we landed at Camp Buehring in Kuwait awaiting our rides into Iraq. We then arrived in Camp Bucca Iraq near the city of Umn Qasr. It spent about a year here on my head everyday and has seen the likes of many of the worlds most dangerous terrorists including those from Saddam Hussein's family who were in this maximum security facility. I worked with it in a compound of about 400 detainees. Those 400 were the highest level threat detainees on the entire base, and most powerful."

He even sent me a photo of himself.

post-154150-0-23921600-1428885682.jpgpost-154150-0-49431100-1428885685.jpg

GDMortarman

Notice that the night vision mount is not even scratched? Never left the FOB or or fired his weapon I suppose. If you look at the weapon, it is too clean. Cool helmet, but would be better from and infantryman of the 3rd ID or 82nd.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Interesting to note that this graffiti is so small, probably so it's not noticeable so he wouldn't get reprimanded.

did he explain what "come test the rocket launcha" was about? lol

great helmet!

Haha. He just noted it as, "random things" he had written on it.

Nice helmet. Being AF security the lack of hard wear makes sense on it. I remember seeing it come up on Ebay. I've got a PASGT in just about the same condition to a SF airman.

Notice that the night vision mount is not even scratched? Never left the FOB or or fired his weapon I suppose. If you look at the weapon, it is too clean. Cool helmet, but would be better from and infantryman of the 3rd ID or 82nd.

Thanks for the response! I don't know that being from an infantry unit would make it better, maybe worth more to some. Guess it just depends on what you like to collect. I would, however, love to find a unit patched helmet with solid provenance like you mentioned. The only ones I have found so far have been in previously sold sections :lol: