What is this WWII bag?

could be a m1938 dispatch case?

"America shall win the war. Therefore, I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone." -Martin A. Treptow Jake L.

NO ONE IN HISTORY HAS EVER CHOKED TO DEATH FROM SWALLOWING THEIR PRIDE.

Heaven help me, how I miss my friend

Support our troops...abandoning the War on Terror is not an affordable luxury.

I'm so old, I still call W.W.II U.S. militaria "war surplus".

God's blessings in the Name of our Lord Jesus- Jim Robertson

yeah those folded corners look right

"America shall win the war. Therefore, I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone." -Martin A. Treptow Jake L.

NO ONE IN HISTORY HAS EVER CHOKED TO DEATH FROM SWALLOWING THEIR PRIDE.

Heaven help me, how I miss my friend

This pic in question is my grandfathers Navy Beach Battalion buddy during the invasion of Southern France Aug 15, 1944...

WHOA!!!!! Talk about a family treasure! Very neat, and thanks for sharing this photo!

Support our troops...abandoning the War on Terror is not an affordable luxury.

I'm so old, I still call W.W.II U.S. militaria "war surplus".

God's blessings in the Name of our Lord Jesus- Jim Robertson

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely an M6 gas mask bag. I've read that the bags were quite popular for use as a shoulder bag [once the GIs threw the mask away!] Aside from the WW1 mask bag, this was the only GI gas mask bag that could be used in its original configuration for something other than just carrying a gas mask. This feature made it very popular on the post-war civilian market as well, so nice clean examples are somewhat hard to find these days. Nice photo.

Alan

Definitely an M6 gas mask bag. I've read that the bags were quite popular for use as a shoulder bag [once the GIs threw the mask away!] Aside from the WW1 mask bag, this was the only GI gas mask bag that could be used in its original configuration for something other than just carrying a gas mask. This feature made it very popular on the post-war civilian market as well, so nice clean examples are somewhat hard to find these days. Nice photo.

Alan

I found a close to mint one for $4 last month, no idea they were scarce, cool.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a thousand pictures!

"I read that in war bad things happen, Ain't that the ************* truth" -1st Lt Mike Scotti

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.