M1 helmet lot numbers ww2-vietnam

WW2JAKE

Would this heat stamp mark this shell as having been manufactured by ingersoll? The shell itself came with Vietnam hardware and a 1972 dated P64 liner.

Yes, that is an Ingersoll helmet used during the Vietnam era and after.

• 1 month later...

Since I asked the question about the blue ink stamps I have picked up 2 more that also have a 4 digit lot number stamped into the metal.

One has a -42- ink stamp and 1421 stamped into the steel.

The second has -10- ink stamp and either 1521 or 1527 stamped into the metal.

Anyone know the manufacturer for these lot numbers?

Correction to the lot number on one of the ink stamped helmets I just mentioned.

Ink stamp -10- with lot number 5121 or 5127.

I also just got one with lot number 7492. Could I presume this is a Dana?

• 2 weeks later...

I now have more ink stamped M1's with 4 digit numbers also stamped into the metal. All these with a 3, 5, 6 0r 9 appear to have the same font style as the Dana listed helmets on the forum. These numbers are more open at the curved ends where RJ's numbers are more curved and closed in. My opinion would be that ink stamps are on Dana Parish helmets.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have more ink stamped M1's with 4 digit numbers also stamped into the metal. All these with a 3, 5, 6 0r 9 appear to have the same font style as the Dana listed helmets on the forum. These numbers are more open at the curved ends where RJ's numbers are more curved and closed in. My opinion would be that ink stamps are on Dana Parish helmets.

Parish/Dana often used blue ink stamps. The meaning of these stamps I am not sure... Possibly indicating specific helmets within the lot, or specific groups within a steel lot. Those are just guesses, until someone finds documentation stating what the stamps mean, we will not know.

• 4 weeks later...
Corpsman_1941

What do you think about this one?

Post war M1 with strange number-only one digit between M and A.

Very early 1950s manufacture or error is heat stamp?

post-117046-0-67895000-1555267478_thumb.jpg

Looks like an early Korean war era M-1. I can make out the dash right on the paint line towards the top. A single digit 1950's M-1.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I recieved a M1 with the heat stamp I 2525 can somebody tell me when the helmet was propably produced?

And also, can somebody tell me if glossy dark green M1's were ever used in Vietnam?

Blueprint

Yesterday I recieved a M1 with the heat stamp I 2525 can somebody tell me when the helmet was propably produced?

And also, can somebody tell me if glossy dark green M1's were ever used in Vietnam?

Blueprint

Probably sometime mid 1965 / early 1966

And yes they were

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Austin_Militaria

A WWII Front Seam M1 helmet with a heat stamp of 271A (No S), should it be a fixed or swivel bail helmet?

13 minutes ago, Austin_Militaria said:

A WWII Front Seam M1 helmet with a heat stamp of 271A (No S), should it be a fixed or swivel bail helmet?

Swivel bail based on other helmets.

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2015 at 9:36 PM, usmc grunt said:

Three digit heat stamps on rear seam M-1 helmets that begin with 4, 5, 6 or 7 indicate the manufacturer as R.J. Stampings of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. These helmets are typically fitted with the post Vietnam cotton / nylon chinstrap that has a chin cup and attaches to the bales with removable clips. These are the only helmets that were shipped with combination duct tape / Styrofoam padding located near the bales (see photo). If you have an M-1 helmet with a 3 digit heat stamp and a white residue located near each bail, you have an R.J. Stampings helmet. Actual heat stamps found on R.J. Stampings helmets include 404, 501, 502, 503, 504, 507, 531, 541, 601, 602, 603, 608, 609, 623, 626, 629, 608, 609, 632, 635, 692, 693, 701, 702, 723, 734

post-2910-0-21721300-1449887573.jpg

Just viewed one on facebook that has 506 heat stamp.

1 hour ago, denfly said:

Just viewed one on facebook that has 506 heat stamp.

Great write up. I have one of these with all the features mentioned.  Kind of neat and important to have in a well grounded colllection. 

• 1 month later...

Greetings all. 

Dug through My stuff. Mind you, I got these in the late 60’s early 70’s and wore them when I played army. 

Both have rear seams. Swivel bails. 

Dark Olive one looks like M-131A

The lighter Green one just has 6. 

Ive got liners for both but, as a kid, I mixed and matched. May have had other liners. No idea what went with what. 

Anybody want to guess on date and maker?

Thank you. 

064F03E5-8170-48FF-9234-B578008B7E4C.jpeg

A4C55AE2-1434-4328-A6D1-066530C7EDD7.jpeg