Pharmacist Mate 2nd Class 3rd Marine Division

doyler

Aquired this a while back.Navy Pharmacist mate/Corpsman assigned to the 3rd Marine Division.His file shows he served on Guam and Iwo Jima with prior assignment to the 4th Raider Bn.The third patch is a twill variation.

post-342-0-66221800-1428555480.jpg

post-342-0-27728200-1428555549.jpg

It always amazes me what comes out of the wood work but what really impresses me is you guys find the records, nice find and really cool that you were able to pull up some documentation. Congrats

suwanneetrader

Ron: Thanks for posting If not me then at least a nice guy like you has saved it. I do not think I have ever seen a Navy jumper with 3rd Div ssi. Some dress uniforms yes but not a Blue jumper. Richard

Richard

thanks for your comment.This is actually the second patched 3rd division jumper I have.

Years ago I bought a set of greens and a jumper to the same individual.The 3rd pat h on that jumper was sewn on upside down.Have seen this inadvertently done on other uniforms worn by corpsmen.

Years ago I bought a set of greens and a jumper to the same individual.The 3rd pat h on that jumper was sewn on upside down.Have seen this inadvertently done on other uniforms worn by corpsmen.

do you know why that was done? id like to know about it! :)