McChord AFB air show

willysmb44

I was going to take my 1944 Willys MB Jeep to this show, but the restrictions placed on people displaying vehicles (no weapons, real/demilled/plastic at all, had to be there by 0600 and couldn't leave vehicles overnight) made me decide to just go as a spectator. I got some decent shots even though I took the wrong zoom lens for such things. Most of all, I wanted to finally see a B-2 in the air, I've seen a few on the ground and one refueling way overhead through binocualrs years ago on active duty in the field. I left right after the Tora group was done, as there was only one way out of the base, and I didn't want to get caught up in a massive traffic jam.

Tora6.jpg

Tora2.jpg

StrikeEagle.jpg

Legends4.jpg

Eagle2.jpg

...and finally:

B2c.jpg

I decided to do some changes to one of these. While the overall message is a bit cheesy, I really like how it turned out.

ToraFDR.jpg

Cool stuff... love those shots of the Tora-Tora gang.

I was going to post some shots from the Geneseo show a couple weeks back, but decided against it... maybe I'll post 'em here after all.

Fade to Black...

Great pictures! That 2nd Tora pic would look great in B&W. Just a thought
Funny you'd mention that, I'm waiting for a file from someone of the Signal Corps stamp to place into that photo to do just that!